THE POWER OF INNOVATION
Almost everything you see around you one day was just an idea waiting to be found and brought to life.
The electric lights in the room were once a sketch in Thomas Edison’s papers.
The ball point pen you probably have on your desk is a result of frustration that newspaper editor Laszlo Biro had many decades ago.
This website you are reading at the moment is the outcome of a brilliant vision by Sir Tim Berners-Lee, the inventor of worldwide web.
INSPIRATION AND IDEAS
Come to VIF 2015 if …
– You want to explore innovative ideas, and be inspired by the amazing people behind them.
– You are interested in cosmic travels, robotics, drones, nanotechnology, bioeconomics, internet of things, future of marketing, Large Hadron Collider, design thinking, disruptive business models, innovation strategy and many other topics.
– You would like to learn about the future today. Event will focus on 3 main topics: future innovations, future business and future technologies.
Come to VIF 2015 for the interesting people you will be able to meet here. The event will attract more than 500 participants – entrepreneurs, policy makers, scientists and researchers, educators.
You will have an opportunity to exchange contacts and conversations not just during the 2 day conference, but also in a number of workshops, in the international partnership event, start-up session, Innovation Fair.
At VIF 2013 we had participants from more than 20 countries in 4 continents, including Australia, Japan, USA, New Zealand and others.
VILNIUS, LITHUANIA AND INNOVATIONS
Why do we invite you to discuss innovations in the capital of Lithuania Vilnius? For several reasons:
– In 2015 Forbes listed Vilnius among TOP5 innovation hotspots in Europe: „It may be small, but it‘s one of the most innovative and tech-savvy countries in Europe. The proof lies in its burgeoning startup community in which over $100 m has been invested in recent years“.
– Lithuania has one of the fastest internet connections in the World due to highly developed fiber broadband network.
– It is also among the leaders in biotechnology and laser technology in Europe.
VILNIUS INNOVATION FORUM 2015
Constant, relentless innovation drives economic growth, helps to solve global problems and create well-being. Vilnius Innovation Forum (VIF) was established to provide a platform to think about innovation, to discuss it, to share best practices and ideas on how to innovate better and by doing that build more competitive, more vibrant Europe.
First held in 2013, VIF is an international event based in Vilnius (Lithuania) and designed to create a high-level discussion platform about innovation and R&D trends, best practices and impact on the European economy.
In 2015 VIF will take place on 3-4 of September and will host more than 500 participants from the EU and other countries. Apart from 2 day conference with more than 30 inspiring speakers, VIF 2015 will also offer various workshops, science and technology exhibition Innovation Fair and international partnership event. All – free of charge.
The Forum invites small and medium enterprises, entrepreneurs, innovation leaders and experts, researchers, policy makers from the EU and beyond to share their insights, expertise and experience on innovation.
In 2015 VIF will look into the Future.
First part of the event – Future Innovations – will predict what most important and disruptive advances in various spheres of human life could be expected in the upcoming years.
Second session – Future Business – will focus on how businesses all around the World are being transformed and reinvented with the help of innovations.
Finally, the second day of the forum will be dedicated to Future Technologies: think cosmic travel, the internet of things, bioeconomy, nanotechnologies, etc.
CONFERENCE CENTER LITEXPO
LITEXPO is the biggest conference center in Lithuania just 10 min drive from Vilnius city center. Each year up to 600 events take place here: from large-scale international conferences to round table discussions.
The fully renovated conference centre has 9 modern conference and meeting halls, occupying more than 4 100 square meters. The largest multifunctional hall, equipped with the latest innovations, has 1800 seats. Each hall has excellent acoustics, functional lighting and smart yet easy to use video and audio equipment.
LITEXPO boasts a large parking area, smoothly operating information centre, comfortable lounge spaces, a cosy terrace and a new restaurant.